New Silkroutes Group in JV to expand dental care services to Vietnam

SINGAPORE (Aug 7): New Silkroutes Group (NSG) is establishing a network of dental facilities and
dental clinics in Vietnam — with some help from a local partner.
The first two flagship dental clinics will be set up in Hanoi and will employ dentists and healthcare
staff from both Singapore and Vietnam.
On Tuesday, NSG subsidiary Healthsciences International (HSI) entered into a joint venture
agreement with EGroup Education Group Joint Stock Company (EGroup) to set up joint venture
company, The Dental Hub International.
EGroup is a leading education-focused company based in Vietnam. It provides various education
programmes for students as well as leadership and business skills e-training for the corporate
sector.
EGroup intends to focus on the women and children market segments in Vietnam. By tapping on its
extensive client base, EGroup aspires to expand its business offerings to include medical services,
healthcare and health food industries.
HSI will take a 49% stake in the JV company while EGroup will hold the remaining 51% stake in the
JV company.
Nguyen Ngoc Thuy, founder and chairman of EGroup, says: “EGroup has been in the education
business for more than 10 years. This partnership with NSG is our first foray into the medical
business. We are excited about this partnership and we look forward to growing together with
Healthsciences International. Although we are starting with dental clinics, our longer-term goal is to
work with HSI to offer services in medical specialties as well.”
Dr Goh Jin Hian, CEO of NSG, says, “We are blessed to have EGroup as partners on this venture,
riding on Vietnam’s growing healthcare industry. This collaboration marks the group’s first clinics in
Vietnam, which is in line with our strategy to expand our healthcare portfolio regionally. With a
growing population and rising income levels in the region, we hope to strengthen our portfolio with
more regional collaborations and enhance shareholder value.”
Shares in NSG closed 1 cent higher at 28 cents on Tuesday.
https://www.theedgesingapore.com/new-silkroutes-group-jv-expand-dentalcare-
services-vietnam